Objectives for 2019-2021
- As per our objectives we appointed a Chief Executive Officer for MathsWorldUK (April 2018)
- We have appointed a project manager, Dr James Grime, for our first touring exhibition.
Fund-Raising for the Touring Exhibition
- With our matched funding offer of £125, 000 from an anonymous USA based donor together with funds raised towards this target we created the exhibition.
- The exhibition is now on the road. Its first location is Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium
- We will continue to find host venues for the Touring Exhibition and train personnel to staff the touring exhibition at different centres. See more on our Touring Exhibition page.
The Mathematics Discovery Centre
- To begin to develop an outline brief for the full Discovery Centre, including the Zones and the Visitors’ Experience
- To negotiate a suitable venue for the eventual siting of the Discovery Centre and put together a Development Team to steer the project through to its completion
- To continue to foster relationships with other Mathematics Museums overseas, and with related museums and science centres in the UK.
- To foster relationships with local communities, local and central government, the media, industry and commerce, and academia
- To run special events for Friends of MathsWorldUK
- To harness the talents of the exceptional group of well-known young popularisers of mathematics in the UK to further the public understanding of mathematics through a series of public events about mathematics
- To extend the range of expertise of people on our Advisory Panel
TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS WE NEED CONSIDERABLE FINANCIAL SUPPORT, SO IT WOULD REALLY HELP IF YOU COULD DONATE SOMETHING, HOWEVER SMALL
“Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write.” – H.G. Wells